I found this and thought it was something everyone who is getting or thinking of getting a mortgage might enjoy.
The 10 Commandments of obtaining a mortgage for your home
1. Thou shalt not change jobs, become self-employed or quit your job!
2. Thou shalt not buy a car, truck, motorcycle, motorhome or any other vehicle, otherwise you may end up living in it!
3. Thou shalt not use your credit card excessively and pay all your bill on time!
4. Thou shalt not omit any debts or liabilities on your load application!
5. Thou salt not buy any furniture, or household appliances, flooring, or anything else to do to the home until after closing on the home!
6. Thous shalt not apply for any credit during the process, even if Kohl's is offering 80% off your purchase!
7. Thou shalt not spend money you have set aside for closing on the home!
8. Thou shalt not make any large or cash deposits to your bank account other than regular payroll, or tax refunds!
9. Thou shalt not co-sign for anyone under any circumstance
10. Most importantly Thous shall do what your loan officer has instructed you to do in a timely fashion, to ensure a smooth and successful on time closing!
These are things that will keep your closing on track and help YOU, your agent, your title representative and your Loan officer happy.
Hope this at least brings a smile to your face today or is something you feel is worth sharing with family.